Webinar: Preterm Nutrition- First Do No Harm
January 12, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Presented by Alan Lucas, MD
Founder of the Child Nutrition research Centre at the Institute of Child Health in London
Upon completion of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the potential risk of harm from dietary choices in neonatal care.
- Identify some of the methodological problems of assessing the risk of harm from dietary choices.
- List the potential adverse neonatal outcomes that result from dietary choices that influence the risk of harm.
- Identify the potential direct and indirect impact of early nutrition on adverse neurodevelopment.
- Describe the biological mechanism by which use of cow’s milk based products may have an adverse impact on outcome.
- Formulate a plan for safer practices in preterm nutrition.